Thursday, July 23, 2009

Oscar is on the GO


I think I have my hands full...Oscar is moving fast and will be walking soon. He crawls at lightening speed and is into EVERYTHING! He is pulling himself to standing on anything in sight (including my legs) and is creeping along furniture as a biped! I have realized that I thought that I was busy before but I haven't seen anything yet. Oliver still adores his brother but is easily frustrated by Oz getting into his things. Sometimes I hear "Oscar no" but most of the time it is a pull on the ear, a tug on his leg or arm or a full body roll over!

Oliver is always in motion and talks non-stop. He surprises me with his large vocabulary and comprehension but I worry already that he could be one of those kids easily labeled ADD. I know I will need to be an advocate for his education. Recently I asked Oli if he was okay after falling and he responded " I'm okay, thanks for asking". Playing in the sand is still his favorite activity. Oliver also loves to play with his cars and trucks and bake cupcakes.

This summer seems to be flying by. Patrick came to stay for four weeks and just returned to NY. The boys and I came to NY with Patrick for a week long visit with Grandma and Grandpa. Oli and Oscar both adore Patrick and I know once we leave G & G's house I will be asked daily "where's Patrick". I am enjoying the visit with my Mom and appreciating the quietness of the country. It is funny how your appreciation for simple things grows with age. I am also enjoying watching Oliver run in the grass, dig in the dirt, throw rocks, and pick flowers. He is delighted by the freedom to run.

The photo was taken during a tea party at our place in Miami Beach.

No comments: