Thursday, July 31, 2008

Awake at Midnight

Fortunately it is me that is awake not Oliver:) I remember these energy surges from my pregnancy with Oliver. I am dead tired at 5 pm but when 10 o'clock hits I am wired and can't get my mind to stop. It was a lot easier when I was teaching because I would come home from school and nap but as a stay at home mom I don't get that option. I try to rest when Oli naps but I always have school work to complete and laundry, dishes, blah, blah, blah.....

After many, many searches and discussions we have found Oliver's first bed and will order it tomorrow. It is a green, twin platform bed. "Green" meaning sustainable hardwood, low VOC finish, etc. The bed should be delivered in two weeks so then we will begin a new chapter with Oliver's sleep routine. I am hoping for a smooth transition out of the crib and wonder what it will be like to have him come to our bedroom in the morning (or at night).

I am including a video of Oli playing with his blocks. He loves to build "towers" with his blocks and then knock them over. Oliver really enjoyed building towers with Patrick and misses him. I know he will be thrilled when his brothers return in December.

No comments: