Friday, August 8, 2008

Mommy loves Friday

Thank goodness it is Friday. It has been a long, tiring week. I am not sure why but everything seemed to be a challenge this week. Oliver has been trying my patience this week and reminding me that his 2nd birthday is coming:) In addition, I am looking into alternative options for my prenatal care because I have lost a lot of confidence in the midwife and the birth center I have been using. We are going to tour another birth center on Sunday. I am hoping that I find someone that I feel will provide me with the support I need to have a successful VBAC delivery.

On the upside....Oliver has turned a corner on potty training. He LOVES to wear "unders" and pleads with me to change into them as soon as he wakes in the morning. He is also telling me when he has to pee or poop and making it to the potty often. He has also been keeping his pull ups dry when he naps or we go out and telling us if he has to pee. I don't want to celebrate prematurely but potty training is going so much better.

Oli's favorite book is now Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. I borrowed it from the library a few weeks ago and he is crazy for the story. I have since returned the book and taken out another Five Little Monkeys have a Picnic Supper but Oli still makes me tell him the other story at bedtime. His favorite toys are mega blocks and his matchbox cars. Oli continues to repeat everything and talk in simple sentences/phrases "love you too Mamma" "Oli fell down" "Oliver get down" "Oliver want pie" "More water please". He also says please and thank you most of the time and reminds us to say please or thank you!

I am now almost 27 weeks pregnant. The baby is moving all the time and I am really sure that it is a boy. We have started to tell Oliver that "little brother" is in mommy's belly. He loves to touch my belly and when asked who is in there sometimes he replies "baby or little brother" other times he enthusiastically says "PATRICK". I am trying to spend more time at the gym and pool to slow my weight gain. I am about 5 lbs. heavier than I was with Oliver at this point and that has me a bit concerned. My desire to work out is gone by 5 p.m. so I am attempting to work out earlier in the day so I get it in. I keep reminding myself how much easier the Miami marathon will be in January if I keep myself fit now.

1 comment:

AMK said...

Aby and I were watching this vid together and she noticed her face on the coffee mug on your counter.. LOL too funny!!